A picture to represent how fast time is whooshing by lately! My big boy is sleeping in his own room, eating real (well, very simple, very shmushy) food, and drinking from a bottle so well that we even took him out last night for appetizers and a sunset and he ate, drank, and fell asleep without needing me whatsoever! It is kind of sad, because after six months I was getting kind of used to being his whole world. But it is also VERY exciting to see how well adjusted and secure he is in the greater world as a result of all the love and care we've given so far. He trusts us so much and always expects things to be fun and exciting because we look at them that way. Teaching always gave me the opportunity to notice how children approach new experiences - some with curiosity and wonder, diving in with arms outstretched; others with apprehension and caution, sticking a toe in to check the water first. Silas seems to be a diver, and I think it is so neat to see how we as parents have been able to cultivate that trust and sense of adventure.I'm thinking more about working again lately. I had ANOTHER interview (like number 20 in two years??!!) yesterday, this time for a school garden supervisory position. It was really exciting to learn more about the position and just to talk about learning and teaching gardens...it is a huge passion of mine and I hadn't had a lot of time to think about it much this past year. But I really don't think I want to leave my baby full time, so it's going to be a tough decision. At least Mommy gets some of her own drama now and then...gets the creative juices flowing.

No comments:
Post a Comment