Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Un-due

The 20th has come and gone, along with an unsuccessful attempt to induce by acupuncture. I was so sure he'd be early! Our doctor, being the sane and balanced person that she is, has overridden the opinions of others on the team and we have until Friday before we'll be asked to seriously consider the possibility that this baby may be too big to risk a natural labor. Since a lot of people get induced after going a week late when they have normally-sized babies, this seems more reasonable to us. And we're still holding out hope that he'll come in the next couple of days. No pressure, or anything...I am officially tired of being pregnant as of today, however!

***Just a note for those fingernail biters, this doesn't mean I'll have a baby on Friday, it means we'll be setting up an appointment for induction or surgery...I know there are a lot of sweet and helpful people chomping at the bit to feed and care for us who also have busy lives to lead, and birth is the least plan-able event I've ever experienced! Thanks for your patience and support, we have no expectations, but appreciate absolutely everything you do!

3 comments:

kb said...

Hi Erin - Sorry I haven't responded to your note sooner, we escaped Minnesota for warmer weather last week. I'm confident that everything will turn out beautifully for you and baby in this next week, no matter how you get there. Think positive - all the 9lb+ babies I know are much better feeders and sleepers than the smaller ones. I'll be thinking of you.

Kate
(kate.bauer@gmail.com)

Gail Weaver said...

It's Friday and I'm curious as to the present status...

Anonymous said...

yes. i was very good at not nail biting, but now it is saturday and the nail biting has begun!
/heather