Monday, April 09, 2007

Lucky


I was sitting out in the yard this morning nursing the baby and thinking about how lucky I am. I figured I'd be incredibly overwhelmed, sleep-deprived,and milk-brained at this stage of motherhood, but actually I've been feeling pretty great. I assume it'll get harder when our help-less days and less-sleep nights stretch from weeks into months, but right now I just feel so incredibly blessed. I have the chubby little babe I've always dreamed of here in our sweet little house with birds building nests and plants popping up all around us, friends coming by to marvel and feed us, gifts on the doorstep, and a partner and a grandma who have been handling most everything else. How did I get so lucky in this life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its Karma my dear, you have been such a giving person your whole life, now is the time to relax and feel the love of others. Bask in it, you've earned it!!! I can't wait to see you tonight!