Sunday, January 14, 2007

Nesting

This nesting (and resting) thing has me rearranging rooms in my head and contemplating the intense bout of consumerism that has hit our home this past year. From maternity wardrobe to IKEA kitchen to finally getting a printer and accumulating a fine collection of infant clothing, we've bought a lot this year, and most of it new. I've been trying to think of ways to limit the spendage in the months ahead so that we can afford to have me stay home with the pea for the formative breastfeeding time and still be able to travel to visit the far-flung relatives. I found a great blog that offers some crafty solutions to the baby gear dilemma, I already picked out some fabric for homemade boppy covers, now I just need to remember how to sew! I'm seriously interested in this whole COMPACTING idea, too, it'd be interesting to see how much of our needs (and maybe even some wants) could be fulfilled second or third-handedly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you get a bunch of cheapie white onesies, we can try Freezer Paper Stencils at craft day!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. that was me. heather