Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Doc says I'm a "late puker"...

"Up to 70 percent of expectant mothers have nausea, sometimes with vomiting, early in pregnancy. Queasiness may be most noticeable in the morning, but it can occur at any time. It generally improves by the 13th or 14th week of pregnancy."

A SCENE FROM THIS MORNING (17 weeks, 1 day preggers):

Erin finishes up a breakfast of english muffins, oj, and a mostly-steamed-milk latte. She packs her lunch, does the breakfast dishes, and goes to brush her teeth. After brushing a few times, she suddenly vomits. Twice. Yuck. She cleans the sink of the regurgitaed breakfast, reapplies toothpaste to the brush, and starts all over again. And then vomits three more times. Out the nose, too. Way yuck. So, she cleans out the sink, rinses her mouth, and tries the old toothbrushing one last time. And vomits. And thinks, "Will I ever get to work WITHOUT puke breath today?" And brushes her teeth successfully. Ah, the simple things.

3 comments:

general fuzz said...

yum!

Or not.

Gail Weaver said...

I'm going to go with "not" on that one, James ... unless Erin loves puking.

ELK said...

No love lost here...but it is so nuch a part of everyday life that I definitely don't mind it as much as one would expect...